Hotel Den Haag - Wassenaar is open
Van der Valk Hotel Den Haag - Wassenaar is (partly) open and applies stricter measures. We would like to ask you to take these measures into account to ensure your health and that of our employees. We hope to welcome you soon for a safe and comfortable stay at Hotel Den Haag - Wassenaar.
Thank you for understanding and trust in our hotel.
View our taken measures
- The hotel and the entrance of the hotel are provided with signage and instructions;
- The hotel is divided into so-called 'disinfection zones'; at various places in the hotel are standing tables with COVID-19 zone instructions, disinfection measures and disinfectant hand gel. Signage has also been placed here in order to pass each other at a safe distance;
- In locations where queues can arise (reception, coffee square, toilets) the required distance is marked with warning stickers and ribbons, so that a minimum distance of 1.5 meters is created between the waiting guests;
- Employees have been instructed and continue to receive instructions on all hygiene measures;
- Employees wear an orange button to alert guests to the 1.5-meter rule;
- The COVID-19 measures are repeated on the various television screens in the hotel;
- The reception desk is fitted with plexiglass;
- We advise our guests to pay by card;
- Extra measures have been taken regarding the cleaning of our general areas, such as the lifts, luggage carts, reception, vending machines, general doors (and handles) and toilets;
The facilities in our hotels are limited available to prevent too many people being in the same places at the same time.
Restaurant & hotel bar
The restaurant and the hotel bar are - according to guidelines from the government and RIVM - only open to hotel guests who spend the night in our hotel.
- The restaurant is open exclusively for overnight guests.
- We ask you to wait 1.5 meters apart until our host shows you a table.
- We only receive guests from shared households up to a maximum of 8 people.
- Keep 1.5 meters away. Both to our employees and to other guests.
- Room service is available for both dishes and drinks.
- We have adjusted the menucard for lunch and dinner
- For breakfast we serve a breakfast buffet, with all products seperately packed
- Live cooking lunch buffet will be closed. We do offer Take Away, this is possible through www.hoteldenhaagwassenaar.nl/takeaway
- The restaurants have been redesigned to create space, so that the 5 ft. distance rule can be easily applied;
- Our dishes are safely prepared and served by trolley and employees wear gloves;
- We offer 'In-Room' dining options, so that our guests can enjoy meals in the room and also use one of our minibar packages
- We offer larger meetingrooms to enable a 5 ft. setup;
- We offer the possibility of hybrid events if there are many participants who prefer to log in from home and / or if you need two locations due to the size of the event;
- The coffee square is decorated with sufficient distance between the standing tables and again warning stickers and ribbons 5 ft. away at the coffee machines;
- Thw lunch and breaks will be offered in buffet style and will be placed in the break-out spaces;
- All products are seperately packed;
- The lunch will be consumed in the meeting room ;
- The coffee machines have disinfections to clean the machine before and / or after use. Of course, these are also cleaned extra. On request it is possible to have the coffee / tea served by our colleagues with gloves;
Safe and comfortable
At Van der Valk, the health, safety and well-being of our guests and employees has the highest priority. In order to guarantee your health and safety, we would like to ask you to observe the following policy during your visit to our hotel:
- Follow indicated walking direction and hygiene measures
- Keep 1.5 meters distance from other guests and employees
- Do not shake hands with fellow guests or hotel staff
- Wash your hands regularly and in accordance with RIVM guidelines
- Use paper towels to dry your hands
- Cough and sneeze in your elbow and turn away from fellow guests and hotel staff
- Preferably pay with pin or contactless
Do you have symptons of a cold, such as a runny nose, sneezing, sore throat, mild cough or increase to 38 degrees Celsius? Then we ask you to stay at home and not to come to the hotel.
We do everything we can to make your stay as safe and comfortable as possible. Thank you for your confidence in Van der Valk and we hope to welcome you in our hotel soon. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our reception.
With hospitable regards,
The Van der Valk family
Frequently asked questions
Can Van der Valk be open as a hotel and restaurant?
Yes, according to government guidelines it is allowed to be open as a hotel. Food and beverage outlets in the restaurant for our hotel guests may be open.
Is visiting a Van der Valk hotel safe?
Van der Valk takes your health and that of the employees very seriously. We have tightened measures within the hotel so that this can be guaranteed. All Van der Valk hotels are furnished according to the guidelines of the RIVM. As a hotel, we do everything we can to keep risks to a minimum.
As a hotel guest, can I use the restaurant facilities?
Yes, as a hotel guest you can use the restaurant. We use stricter measures here to make your visit to our restaurant as safe as possible.
Is it possible to order room service?
Yes, you can order room service from your hotel room via reception. There is an adapted menu for this that you will find in your hotel room. You can have breakfast and dinner brought to your hotel room.
What facilities are open in the hotel?
Between 11:00 and 17:00 o'clock external guests can make a reservation in the restaurant. For dinner, the restaurant is exclusively opened for our hotel guests. The terrace is opened for hotel guests and external guests.
Is it possible to use facilities such as renting an (electric) bicycle at the hotel?
Yes, it is possible to hire normal bikes and electric bikes at the reception.
Can I change my booking on the day of arrival if I have a cold or cough?
This depends on the booking. Check your confirmation to see the cancellation policy of your specific booking.